Location

Darnestown, MD

Status

in Design

Size

15,000 s.f. Expansion of Historic Campus

Darnestown Presbyterian Church

With an historic church that dates to the 1850’s, and an ill-con- ceived brown-brick education building from the 1960’s, Darnes- town Presbyterian Church engaged LeMay Erickson Willcox to develop a new Master Site Plan that will not only knit the campus together aesthetically, but address balanced growth in all ministry areas. The Architect’s Master Plan provides for modest worship expansion through new transepts and an enlarged chancel. New indoor main lobby gathering space west of the church building pro- vides much-needed space for pre and post-service gathering while addressing handicapped accessibility with a new elevator serving all levels. The existing brown brick education building is painted white, with new entrance and roof features that better blend the existing structure with the historic church.