St. Luke’s Episcopal Church
St. Luke’s Episcopal occupies a prominent site at Fort Hunt Road and Wellington Roads in the Alexandria area of Fairfax County.
Its church campus dates to the 1940’s, with the newest sanctuary portion of the building constructed in the late 70’s. With a church physical plant now forty years old, St. Luke’s contacted LeMay Erickson Willcox to assess its building and site for long-term maintenance issues; to review evolving building use needs; to evaluate renovations that might enhance the worship space, classrooms, offices and parish hall; and to suggest enhancements for the public presentation of the church along Fort Hunt Road. Additionally, the church has identified potential additions to the existing building that would better accommodate its evolving ministry within the Fort Hunt neighborhood, including a new chapel and enhanced music and narthex facilities. All together, the renovations and Master Planning proposals developed by LeMay Erickson Willcox are designed to renew and revitalize St. Luke’s entire facility for the next generation of church ministry.
“LeMay Erickson Willcox Architects produced a Plan that has proved very practical and visionary, helping us see the next steps toward transforming our building into a platform that will support and enhance our vision for all the ministries of our parish.”St. Luke’s Episcopal Church